This project aims to inform, with the use of reliable data, about the contemporary economic reality of various complex issues inside the European Union, and the progress Greece has made in these issues. Each project consists of 3 to 6 issues that present specific parameters of the examined topic.
Another aspiration of the Infographics Projects is to highlight the importance of the cooperation of economic science with other scientific disciplines. Each issue and the final report of each project targets to explain the available data of the examined topic to a broad range of readers.
It is important to highlight that no views or proposals analyzed in these issues express the beliefs and ideas of the authors.
The team of Get Involved in the framework of the third Infographics Project examined the topic of sustainability through the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), as they are reflected in the 2030 Agenda which has been signed by the overall nation-members of the United Nations. During a period of intense changes in the climate, the green economy, and the challenges for all the nations, the publication of the current report is considered important.
The current study captures the most significant international, European as well as Greek legislative developments.
- Specifically, there is a comprehensive presentation of the 2030 Agenda, the Paris Agreement, and the European Green Deal, which highlight the “reaction” of the EU towards climate change.
- Then, emphasis will be given to all the 17 Sustainable Development Goals set out in the 2030 Agenda, with a detailed examination of the course of Greece and of the European Union, as a whole.
- Finally, conclusions are drawn, deriving strictly from the data, regarding the course of the EU and Greece in the most important sub-indicators of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, in order to examine the European progress towards the achievement of a green society and economy.
The current report finalizes the Infographics Project III – Sustainable Development Goals, which lasted from the 13th of January to the 7th of April, 2022, and included six issues that brought forth various data on sustainability. The resulting output derives by:
- Examining 20 sub-goals and individual indices from all the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
- Examining the sustainability pillars, namely the Environmental, the Social, and the Economic pillar.
The analysis was developed by taking into consideration three pillars, the international, the European as well as the domestic, to capture with clarity the European standing and the necessary steps that Greece should follow.
It is important to emphasize that the survey carried out is based on data obtained from Eurostat and nowhere expresses the personal opinion of the authors or of the organization of ‘Get Involved’ on the progress of the European countries in the Sustainable Development Goals.